Friday, July 5, 2013

The 7 Habits Of Effective Connected Educators

Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!  We are still in Caseville, MI spending time at the beach on the lake.

My dog, Charlie, went swimming in the lake for the first time.
He really liked it even though he looks a bit apprehensive here :)

And he loved digging in the sand :) 
My kids had fun swimming and digging too :) 


This morning as I was checking my Bloglovin' account (it's a really cool place to keep track of all of the blogs that you read, go to www.bloglovin.com) edudemic.com (you should really follow this blog, it is great!) posted a blog about habits that teachers that are going to be teaching, or are teaching, with technology should remember.  Click on the link under the picture.

The 7 Habits Of Effective Connected Educators

I also like the reminder to take it slow and to really think about how to use the technology in your classroom and why.  

I'd like to think that I practice all 7 habits, I don't mind change (piloting a class set of Chromebooks was a huge cultural shift), I have learned to adapt (like when Google went down during a lesson in my math class and I had to revert to good ol' paper and pencil), I share (this blog :), and I care.  I really care about how to integrate technology in the best way for students.  Students love it and embrace it.  They are doing more and thinking more.  They are actively engaged and liking it (even if they won't admit it).  I think that is why #7 is so important and why I think they saved the best habit for last.

Have a great weekend! I plan to get back to Google Tools on Monday.
Jen






No comments:

Post a Comment