Friday, August 9, 2013

Google Tools Day 6- Templates

Instead of starting from scratch with a document, spreadsheet, form, presentation or drawing, Google templates offer pre-made templates for the user to just fill in.  There is a "Student and Teacher" category that offers a variety of templates ranging from certificates to lesson plans, rubrics, presentations, and project planners.


Thoughts

There are so many templates I find it easier to use the search bar at the top of the templates page.  This would be a good place for students to start when first using Google docs since it will give them some guidance on creating their own.  I also like that within each category you can narrow them down by the type of doc you need to use. Some of the templates are too specific and would need editing but that is what is great about these too, they are editable.

How I have Used It

At this point I have only used the templates for ideas and have not directly used one.  Looking through what other teachers and students have done helps to get my thoughts flowing on how to use them for my classes.  

Enjoy!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment